- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the pesto
- 100 g spinach leaves
- 100 g rocket
- 100 g watercress, leaves and stalks
- 50 g parmesan, freshly grated
- 1 clove garlic
- 50 g pine kernels
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest and juice
For the potato and smoked salmon salad
- 450 g new potatoes, cooked and kept warm
- 225 g smoked salmon, cut into strips
- 1 bunches watercress
For the chicory and orange salad
- 4 heads white chicory
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 4 oranges, peeled and cut into segments
- 50 g walnuts, chopped
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp chopped tarragon leaves
1. To make the pesto; place all the pesto ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper if necessary.
2. For the warm new potato salad, mix the warm potatoes together with the pesto until evenly coated. Add the smoked salmon strips.
3. To make the chicory and orange salad; remove a thin slice from the root end of the chicory and separate the leaves. Toss the leaves in the lemon juice to prevent browning, then combine with the orange segments and the walnuts.
4. To make the dressing; whisk all the ingredients together until well mixed. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Pour the dressing over the chicory and orange salad and toss gently. Serve both salads straight away.
Rate This Recipe