- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 Williams pear, peeled (skin reserved) and diced
- 50 g caster sugar
- 50 ml hot water
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 star anise, broken up
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 2.5 tbspgolden caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- amaretto (almond liqueur)
- 2 amaretti biscuits
1. Put the hot water and caster sugar into a saucepan over medium heat and stir so that the sugar dissolves. Add the cardamom pods, star anise and cinnamon stick. Leave to heat for 4 minutes so that the flavours infuse.
2. Once infused, add the pear and the reserved pear skin to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes.
3. After 2 minutes remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool.
4. Meanwhile whisk the 2 eggs and 1 yolk with the golden caster sugar in a bowl. Once combined add the Amaretto.
5. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and whisk constantly until thick and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
6. Place the cooled pear pieces into a serving glass and then spoon the egg mixture over the top.
7. Glaze the top with a blow torch and sprinkle the crushed Amaretti biscuits over the top.
Rate This Recipe