- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 1 hour 5 minutes plus 2-5 hrs drying and steeping
- Effort: hard
- 1 head frisée
- 1 head radicchio
- 1 oakleaf lettuce
- 1 punnet lamb's lettuce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 raw tiger prawns, shells and heads removed
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- small piece ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
For the chilli oil:
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red chillies, roughly chopped
For the semi-dried tomatoes:
- 350 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 tsp thyme
- extra virgin olive oil
- coarse sea salt
For the lime and soy dressing:
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- small piece ginger, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 200 ml groundnut oil
1. First make the chilli oil. Pour the olive oil into a saucepan and heat until very hot but not smoking. Remove from the heat and add the chillies. Cover and leave to infuse for 2-5 hours. Pour into food processor or blander and blend for 30 seconds. Strain the purée through a muslin-lined sieve and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, make the semi-dried tomatoes. Preheat oven to 110°C/gas 1/4. Scatter sea salt on a shallow roasting try. Place the tomatoes cut side up on the sea salt. Sprinkle with the chopped garlic and thyme. Drizzle with the 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Place in the oven and leave for 2- 3 hours until semi-dry. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
3. Next, make the dressing. Put shallot, ginger and garlic in a bowl and stir in the lime juice and soy sauce. Add the groundnut oil and whisk until smooth and emulsified.
4. Mix the tomatoes with the salad leaves, and arrange on a serving platter.
5. Heat a wok over high heat. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of the olive oil. When it is sizzling, add the tiger prawns and stir-fry for about 3 minutes until pink.
6. Add the remaining oil and the shallots, ginger and garlic. Stir-fry for another minute or so.
7. Arrange the cooked prawns on top of the salad. Spoon over the dressing and drizzle with chilli oil. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe