- Serves: 8 as a side dish
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus steeping time
- Effort: easy
For the salad
- 100 g raisins
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 2 medium red onions, cut into wedges
- ½ small pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and finely sliced (about 600g pumpkin flesh)
- 2 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Rosso di Treviso radicchio, or other radicchio, halved lengthways
- 2 tbsp pine kernels, lightly toasted
For the dressing
- 8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. For the salad: Put the raisins in a small bowl, cover with the wine and set aside to soften for up to 30 minutes.
2. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Add the onion and pumpkin and scatter over half of the thyme leaves. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side, or until the vegetables are charred in places and softened.
3. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the radicchio and fry for about 3 minutes on each side, or until softened and golden brown.
4. For the dressing: mix the oil and vinegar together in a small bowl until well combined.
5. To assemble the salad, arrange the onion, pumpkin and radicchio on a large serving dish. Drain the raisins well and squeeze out the excess moisture. Scatter the raisins and pine kernels over the salad. Drizzle with dressing, sprinkle with the remaining thyme and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe