- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 650 g white or purple sprouting broccoli
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tinned anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- finely grated zest and juice 1/2 oranges
- juice of 1/2 lemons
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Steam or simmer the broccoli for 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain thoroughly and put in a warm serving dish.
2. While the broccoli is cooking, warm the olive oil in a small frying pan over medium-low heat.
3. Add the anchovies and garlic, and fry gently for a minute or two, mashing the anchovy until it has dissolved, and the garlic is lightly coloured. Remove from the heat.
4. Stir in the orange zest and juice, and the lemon juice.
5. Season with plenty of pepper, but no salt.
6. Pour the juice over the hot broccoli, and eat when still warm or at room temperature.
Rate This Recipe