- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 100baby g onions
- 1 Savoy cabbage, shredded
- 50 g butter
- 175 ml white wine
- 250 g cooked beetroot
- 155 g cooked new potatoes, cut into small wedges
- 200 g cooked runner beans, sliced on the diagonal
- pinch dried chillies
- 2 tbsp horseradish
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 bunch parsley
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- 4 smoked duck breast
- 2 Dragon sausages, available from Welsh speciality butchers
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the garlic and onions for 2-3 minutes, until golden.
2. Add the shredded cabbage and cook for 4-5 minutes, until soft.
3. Add the butter and wine and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Put the beetroot, new potatoes and runner beans together into a bowl and stir in the horseradish and dried chilli.
5. Add the remaining olive oil, the sherry vinegar and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
6. Thinly slice the duck breast and sausage.
7. Divide the cabbage between four serving plates and top each with a helping of potato salad. Arrange the sliced duck breast and sausage over the top and serve.
Rate This Recipe