- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 80 ml extra virgin olive oil, plus 2 tbsp extra for brushing
- 60 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 4 thick slices wholemeal or sourdough bread
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 500 g rigatoni pasta
- 60 g basil
- 250 g ricotta cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Put the tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar and sugar in a large bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and leave to marinate while you prepare the rest of the dish.
3. Rub the bread on both sides with the cut side of the garlic. Brush with the extra olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Put the bread on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 20 minutes, or until crisp. Remove from the oven and crumble into coarse breadcrumbs with your hands. Set aside.
4. Cook the rigatoni in a large pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente, according to packet instructions. Drain well and then add to the tomatoes. Add the basil and toss to combine.
5. Divide the pasta between 4 serving plates, or put it on one large serving dish, crumble over the ricotta cheese and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs. Serve.
Love recipes like this? Take a look at lots more of our pasta salad recipes.
Rate This Recipe