- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g new potatoes
- 8 pheasant or quail eggs
- 8 slices Parma ham
- 1 handfuls frisée lettuce
- 1 handfuls radicchio
- 50 g white cabbage, shredded
- 150 g black Kalamata olives, in olive oil pitted
- 100 g walnuts
- 1 x 300 g tinned tuna, in oildrained
- shavings of pecorino cheese
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp apple vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra virgin Italian olive oil
- 1 tbsp sherry
- salt and black pepper
1. Boil the potatoes until tender before draining and cutting in half.
2. Hard-boil the eggs for about 5 minutes. Drain, shell and halve the eggs. Preheat a grill until hot.
3. Arrange the Parma ham on a baking tray and grill for about 2 minutes on each side, until crisp; cut into strips.
4. Put the salad leaves into a large bowl; add the cabbage, olives, walnuts, tuna, warm potatoes, crisp ham and the warm eggs. Season the salad with salt and pepper.
5. Combine all the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad. Toss well to mix everything together.
6. Scatter over the Pecorino cheese shavings and serve with warm crusty bread.
Rate This Recipe