- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 x 150 g chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100 g Chinese cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 75 g roasted peanuts, crushed
For the dressing
- 60 ml lime juice
- 60 ml fish sauce
- 30 ml rice vinegar, or Mirin
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 bird's eye chillies, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 8.
2. Season the chicken.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in an ovenproof frying pan and cook the chicken briefly on all sides to seal. Transfer to the oven and continue cooking for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 5 minutes before finely slicing.
4. Meanwhile, make the dressing; whisk all the ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
5. Heat the remaining oil in a wok or frying pan, and quickly stir-fry the cabbage, carrot, shallots and bean sprouts until hot, but still crisp.
6. Transfer to a serving bowl and stir in the chicken. Add the herbs and nuts.
7. Toss in the dressing, check the seasoning, and serve warm.
Rate This Recipe