- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- good handful of sesame seeds
- 6 handfuls of trimmed watercress
- 6 handfuls of rocket
- 200-225g blue cheese, such as Cashel Blue, Roquefort or Lanark Bluecrumbled
- 3 pears, peeled and sliced
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Spread the sesame seeds on a baking tray and toast in the oven for 2-3 minutes until they are brown but not burnt, which can happen very quickly. Immediately remove from the tray and allow to cool.
3. Place the watercress and rocket in a serving dish. Add the crumbled cheese and the pear slices.
4. To make the dressing, mix the vinegar with the salt and pepper, then whisk in the oil.
5. Spoon the dressing over the salad and toss carefully.
6. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top and serve.
Rate This Recipe