- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the chicken
- 200 g chicken breast fillets, sliced lengthways
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
For the salad
- 3 baby gem lettuce, cut lengthways into 4
- large basil
- 1/4 watermelon, sliced into small triangles
- 150 g cherries, pitted
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 limes, juice only
- 75 ml extra virgin olive oil
1. Season the chicken with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
3. Place the little gem and basil leaves at the bottom of a large glass salad bowl. Add the watermelon wedges and chicken, and top with the cherries.
4. To make the dressing, whisk together the honey, vinegar and lime juice. Gradually add the olive oil, whisking continuously. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, toss well and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe