- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g mature Welsh cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tsp prepared mustard, Welsh, French or Dijon
- 125 ml strong ale
- 1-2 slices white bread
- small salad
- splashes chilli sauce
1. Preheat the grill to a medium heat.
2. Put the cheese in a small frying pan and heat very gently. Make sure it doesn't become too warm or it will become too runny. Slowly add the mustard and the ale, stirring, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Toast the bread and spread with butter. Spoon the cheese onto the toasted bread and place under the grill to brown a little.
4. Serve with a little salad on the side and a splash of sweet chilli sauce.
Rate This Recipe