- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 700 g mature cheddar cheese
- 150 ml milk
- 50 ml Guinness
- 25 g plain flour
- 50 g freshwhite breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp English mustard powder
- 2 shakes Worcestershire sauce
- 4 egg yolks
- sliced soda bread, to serve
1. Put the cheddar, milk and Guinness into a pan. Slowly melt them together over a low heat, being careful not to boil.
2. When the mixture is smooth and begins to bubble, add the flour, breadcrumbs and mustard. Cook for a few minutes, stirring, over a low heat until the mixture comes away from the sides of the pan.
3. Add Worcestershire sauce and season with salt and freshly ground white pepper.
4. Pour the mixture into a food processor, turn on motor and slowly add egg yolks. When eggs are mixed in, spread on to soda bread and place under a hot grill until bubbling.
Rate This Recipe