- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 ml good quality ale
- 100 g lancashire cheese, grated
- 1 small egg yolk
- splashes Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 2 slices crusty bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- handfuls watercress
- handfuls lettuce
1. Pour the ale into a small saucepan and boil over a high heat for 2-3 minutes or until reduced in volume by half.
2. Preheat the grill to high. Lightly toast the bread on one side.
3. In a bowl, mix together the cheese, egg yolk, Worcestershire sauce and ale then spoon this mixture onto the un-toasted side of the bread
4. Place under the grill until melted, golden and bubbling.
5. Whisk together the olive oil and cider vinegar with a pinch of salt and pour over the watercress and lettuce.
6. Serve the rarebit alongside the salad.
Rate This Recipe