- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 30 mins cooling
- Effort: easy
- 225 g stilton cheese
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 75 ml brown ale, (Guinness or Makeson)
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- freshly ground black pepper
- toasted bread, spread with a little butter and a little horseradish paste
- sliced roast beef
- fried onion rings
1. Place the Stilton, Cheddar into a heavy-based saucepan and add in the brown ale.
2. Slowly melt over a low heat, stirring often, making sure that the mixture does not come to the boil.
3. Add the Worcestershire sauce and leave to cool for 30 minutes.
4. Once cool, place the mixture in a food processor, turn on slowly and add the egg and egg yolk. Blend until well-mixed and season with freshly ground pepper.
5. To serve, lay a couple of slices of roast beef onto toasted bread, spread with a little butter and a little horseradish.
6. Top the beef with onion rings, then spread a layer of the rarebit mixture over the top.
7. Grill until golden and serve piping hot.
Rate This Recipe