- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus overnight chilling
- Effort: easy
- 100 ml red wine
- 100 g caster sugar
- 3 tsp ground allspice
- 75 ml liqueur, apple and blackcurrant flavoured
- 150 g raspberries
- 150 g blueberries
- 400 g bara birth cake, sliced
- 150 g mascarpone
Tips and Suggestions
Black Mountain Liqueur from the Celtic Spirit Company was used in this recipe when it was made on Great Food Live for St. David's Day.
1. Line 6 dariole moulds with cling film.
2. Place the red wine, sugar and allspice in a saucepan. Heat gently, stirring now and then, until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Remove from the heat, allow to cool, add the liqueur, raspberries and blueberries and set aside for an hour for the flavours to infuse.
4. Briefly dip the pieces of bara brith in the red wine mixture and place a piece in each of the lined dariole moulds.
5. Place a spoonful of the fruit mix on top and then a piece of dipped bara brith. Repeat the process until each dariole mould is filled. Cover each pudding with cling film and chill overnight.
8. To serve, invert each pudding onto a serving plate and place a dollop of mascarpone cheese on the side.
Rate This Recipe