- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 eggs
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- knob of butter
- 150 g durrus cheese, diced
- 150 g coolea cheese, diced
- 150 g Milleens cheese, diced
- dressed salad, to serve
For the sun-dried tomato pesto:
- 100 g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 75 g desmond cheese, grated
- 30 g pine kernels
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
1. First make the sun-dried tomato pesto. Place the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, Desmond cheese, pine nuts and extra-virgin oil in a food processor and blend for 10 seconds into a paste. Set aside.
2. Beat the eggs in a large bowl and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Melt the butter in a heavy-based, non-stick frying pan, make sure that the butter glazes all the pan.
4. Add the beaten eggs to the pan and turn down the heat as low as it will go. Layer the Durrus, Coolea and Millens cheese on the egg mixture and cook gently, without stirring, for 2 minutes at which point the top should still be runny.
5. Meanwhile, preheat the grill. Place the frittata under the hot grill until the top sets.
6. Slide a knife under the frittata and tip gently on to a plate. Drizzle some sun-dried tomato pesto on top. Slice into wedges and serve hot or cold.
Rate This Recipe