- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 3 mins resting
- Effort: easy
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g chorizo, ideally Fingal Ferguson's, chopped into chunks
- 2 onions, diced
- 4 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red peppers, sliced
- 8 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 270 g paella rice
- 1 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tsp strands saffron
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 800 ml chicken stock, hot
- 300 g smoked chicken breasts
- 50 g cheese, Desmond cheese if possible, grated
- 1 lemons, cut into wedges
1. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan. Add the chorizo and fry for three minutes, until crispy.
2. Add the onion, garlic, and red pepper and cook for fifteen minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add in the tomatoes, stir in the rice then season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Add the saffron and turmeric, followed by the hot stock and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Scatter the pieces of smoked chicken over the rice, followed by the Desmond cheese.
5. Allow to simmer for a further three minutes, then cover and leave to rest for about three minutes before eating.
6. Serve with lemon wedges.
Rate This Recipe