- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 4-5 hours marinating
- Effort: easy
For the snapper
- 1 large snapper, cut into individual steaks
- 1 tsp sea salt, per steak
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- pinch caster sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
For the coleslaw
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 4-6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp tarragon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground white pepper
1. In a bowl, cover the fish with the salt and leave in the fridge for 3-4 hours, then rinse the salt off and pat dry with kitchen towel.
2. In a separate bowl season the fish with the allspice, thyme, sugar, oil, vinegar and black pepper. Marinade for 1 hour.
3. Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the fish for 2-3 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Remove and set aside (the fish is best served at room temperatyre).
4. For the coleslaw: Blanch the celeriac in boiling water for 15 secs, then refresh in ice cold water.
5. Slice all the vegetables thinly into strips and place in a bowl. Stir through the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, tarragon, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Serve with the fish
Rate This Recipe