- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 48 hrs marinating
- Effort: medium
- 50 g brie, marinated in whisky for 48 hours
- 15 g butter
- 50 g fresh spinach
- black pepper
- 100 g puff pastry
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- small handful of rocket, to serve
For the honey truffle oil:
- 1 black truffle, finely diced
- few sprigs of mint, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp clear honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
1. First make the honey truffle oil. Mix together the diced truffle, mint, honey and oil, mixing well. Set aside to infuse.
2. Heat the butter in a small saucepan. Add the spinach, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and fry, stirring, until the spinach has wilted. Drain and squeeze out excess moisture.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
4. Roll out the puff pastry to a 18cm disc and place it on a lightly greased baking sheet.
5. Arrange the cooked spinach over the centre of the puff pastry. Slice the whisky-marinated Brie into strips and layer over the spinach.
6. Sprinkle over the garlic and drizzle with around a quarter of the honey truffle oil (reserving the remaining oil for later use).
7. Bake the tartlet for 8-10 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and the Brie has melted.
8. Place the freshly baked tartlet on a serving plate. Top with rocket leaves and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe