- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 60 g pinhead oatmeal
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- 150 g raspberries, plus extra to serve
- good splash malt whiskey
- 4 tbsp Shropshire honey
- 600 ml double cream, whipped to soft peaks
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Combine the oatmeal and icing sugar in a small bowl, then spread onto a baking tray. Toast in the oven (or under the grill) until golden brown. Allow to cool and set to one side.
3. Put the raspberries and whisky into a mixing bowl. Warm the honey gently in a saucepan over a low heat and pour over the raspberries. Crush the mixture together.
4. Add the toasted oatmeal and stir until combined.
5. Fold three-quarters of the oats and raspberry mix gently into the whipped cream, reserving the remainder.
6. To serve, pile the cranachan into glass serving bowls and sprinkle over the remaining oats and raspberry mix. Top with a few extra whole raspberries.
Rate This Recipe