- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the marinade
- 175 ml green ginger wine
- 175 ml Scottish whiskey
- 3 tbsp clear honey
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 12 king prawns, peeled and de-veined
For the sweet potatoes
- 700 g sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
For the avocado cream
- 1 ripe avocado, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp milk
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 1 bunches watercress, picked and washed
- 1 lemon, quartered
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Mix all ingredients for marinade together and marinate the prawns for 30 minutes.
2. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into 2 cm chunks. Drizzle with olive oil, season and place on a baking tray. Roast for about 25 minutes, until tender.
3. To make the avocado cream, peel the avocado and remove the stone. Using a hand blender, puree all the ingredients for the avocado cream together and season to taste.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add the prawns. Cook over a high heat for about 3-4 minutes, until the flesh has become firm and white.
5. Transfer the prawns to a large bowl, and deglaze the pan with the remaining marinade. Bubble gently until thickened and pour over prawns.
6. Stir in the hot sweet potatoes.
7. Peel the avocado and remove the stone. Cut the flesh into 2 cm cubes and add to the bowl.
8. Add the watercress and toss to combine.
9. Divide the avocado cream between four plates and top with the whisky prawns. Serve with wedges of lemon.
Rate This Recipe