- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes plus chilling time
- Effort: medium
- 875 g cream cheese, cubed
- 150 g egg yolks
- 250 g caster sugar
- 600 ml double cream
- 225 g egg whites
- 300 g dark chocolate
- 325 g white chocolate
- 250 g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 100 g butter
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries
- 6-8 tbsp raspberry coulis
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, egg yolks and 100g of the caster sugar until smooth and fluffy. Gradually add the cream, mixing until well incorporated.
2. In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites until foamy and then gradually add the remaining 150g of caster sugar, whisking until a stiff meringue is formed. Fold the meringue into the cream cheese mixture and set aside.
3. Melt both chocolates separately in heatproof bowls set over saucepans of gently steaming water, or in a microwave oven.
4. Combine half the cheese mixture with the dark chocolate and half with the white chocolate, mixing gently but thoroughly. Set aside.
5. Melt the butter and stir it into the crushed digestive biscuits. Put a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet and sit the tart rings on top. Divide the biscuit mixture among the rings and press down firmly to form a base 1cm thick.
6. Put the chocolate mixtures in separate jugs, then pour them at the same time into the prepared rings so that half of each one is white and the other half is dark. Put in the fridge to set.
7. To serve, warm the outside of the tart rings with a hot cloth and carefully lift off the rings. Garnish the cheesecakes with fresh raspberries and raspberry coulis before serving.
Rate This Recipe