- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 5 minutes for melting chocolate
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 200 g white chocolate
- 200 g dark chocolate, (70% cocoa solids)
- 8 eggs, separated
- pinches salt
- 3-4 tbsp Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 200 ml double cream
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1 large pomegranate
1. Make the two mousses separately. Gently melt the chocolate in separate bowls in the microwave or in bowls over pans of gently simmering water.
2. Whisk up the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they are stiff.
3. Mix the yolks with the liqueur.
4. Whip the cream and sugar together until thick.
5. Fold half of the cream into half of the whipped egg whites. Mix half of the egg yolk mixture into the white chocolate. It will start to harden straight away, so immediately fold in the cream and egg white mixture until the chocolate is fully incorporated. Repeat with the dark chocolate and the remaining egg mixtures and cream.
6. Half fill 8 coffee cups with white chocolate mousse. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top, then pour in the dark chocolate mousse.
7. Scatter some dark chocolate shavings over the top off the mousse and decorate with a few extra pomegranate seeds.
8. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
Rate This Recipe