- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g white beans, soaked overnight, drained and boiled until tender
- 200 g chickpeas, soaked overnight, drained and boiled until tender
- 30 g onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, rushed
- 25 g butter
- 500 ml double cream
- 5 g ground nutmeg
- 12 asparagus
- home-made vinaigrette, of your choice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
1. Heat a heavy-based saucepan or casserole dish on the hob. Add in the white beans, chick peas, onion, garlic and butter and cook gently, stirring now and then, until the onion is translucent.
2. Mix in the cream, nutmeg, salt and freshly ground pepper. Simmer until the cream has reduced, doubling in thickness, stirring often to avoid burning. Set aside, keeping warm, to allow the flavours to develop.
3. Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add in the asparagus and blanch until just tender. Drain and cool.
4. Toss the asparagus with the vinaigrette and set aside.
5. Divide the warm bean casserole among 4 serving plates. Top each portion with 4 asparagus spears, drizzle over the sesame oil and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe