- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 120 g fresh chorizo sausages
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green peppers, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- two 400g tinned white beans or tinned butter beans
- salt and black pepper
1. Put a kettle of water on to boil.
2. In a heavy-based pot or large saucepan, place the whole chorizo over a low heat and cook slowly until the sausage releases some of its fat. Then raise the heat and little and fry until brown and cooked through.
3. Remove the chorizo from the pan and set aside to drain on kitchen paper.
4. Add the chopped vegetables to the pan and cook over a moderate heat, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes.
5. Rinse and drain the beans, then add them to the pan along with 300ml of hot water from the kettle and some salt and pepper.
6. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the stew is thick. Add some more water if you like.
7. Slice the chorizo. Adjust the seasoning of the stew to taste and serve garnished with the sausage.
Rate This Recipe