- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 30 ml banana liqueur
- 3 eggs, separated
- 30 g caster sugar
- 1 avocado
- 125 ml whipping cream
For the banana casserole
- 30 g butter
- 60 g caster sugar
- 2 bananas
- 30 ml rum
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 50 ml orange juice
- 75 ml double cream
1. Place the chocolate, butter and banana liqueur in a small bowl and set the bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir occasionally, until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks and caster sugar together, until thick and pale.
3. Fold into the chocolate mixture.
4. Just before serving, peel and stone the avocado and mash until smooth. Fold immediately into the chocolate mixture.
5. Whisk the egg whites until stiff. Fold into the chocolate mixture.
6. Line 6 dariole moulds with parchment or non-stick paper. Fill the dariole moulds and chill for 6 hours, until set.
7. For the hot banana casserole, melt the butter and sugar together in a saucepan and heat until the sugar has dissolved. Add the bananas.
8. Add the rum and flame. Once the flames have died down, add the cinnamon and orange juice and boil rapidly for 3-4 minutes, until the mixture thickens to a syrupy consistency. Add the cream and boil until thickened.
9. Serve the chocolate and avocado mousse with the hot banana casserole.
Rate This Recipe