- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 3 hours freezing time
- Effort: medium
- 150 g egg whites
- 200 g caster sugar
- 340 g white chocolate, and cooled to room temperature
- 500 ml double cream, softly whipped
- 2 avocados, peeled and stoned
- 1 blood orange, zested and juiced
- 3 handfuls pistachio nuts, chopped
1. Whip the egg whites with half the sugar so, then add the rest of the sugar and whisk until stiff peaks form.
2. Mix the melted chocolate into the double cream.
3. Blend the avocado and orange zest and juice in a food processor, then pass through a sieve.
4. Add the avocado/orange mix to the chocolate and double cream and stir through.
5. Add the chopped pistachios.
6. Fold the egg white mix into the chocolate and
avocado mix slowly to keep the air in.
7. Pour into a large semi freddo mould and refrigerate for 3 hours.
8. Serve with dark chocolate curls and a slice of blood orange to garnish.
Rate This Recipe