- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: to 8 hours, leaving the meringue in the oven overnight
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the meringue
- 6 egg whites
- 200 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
For the filling
- 600 ml double cream
- 100 g white chocolate
- 125 g raspberries
- 50 g strawberries
- 50 g redcurrants
- 50 g mixed summer berries
- 25 g blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan/ gas 3.
2. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
3. Whisk the egg whites with an electric whisk on high speed and add the sugar.
4. Reduce the speed and add the cornflour. Return to high speed and whisk until the mixture is stiff.
5. Spread with a spatula or pipe onto the lined baking tray and place in the oven. Turn off the oven and leave for 6-8 hours or overnight to dry out.
6. Whisk the cream until softly peaking.
7. Melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering (not boiling) water.
8. Place the meringue carefully on a serving plate. Spread the white chocolate over the base of the meringue and top with cream. Arrange the fruit on top and decorate with mint sprigs.
Rate This Recipe