- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus overnight chilling
- Effort: medium
- 3 whole eggs, and 1 egg white
- 225 g white chocolate, broken in pieces
- 100 ml double cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cointreau, (or to taste), optional
- 1 handfuls berries, such as redcurrants or raspberries, to decorate, optional
1. Make a day ahead so they can be chilled overnight. Separate the whole eggs, putting the yolks in a small bowl and the whites in a large bowl along with the extra egg white.
2. Put the chocolate in a bowl with the double cream and 3 tablespoons of water. Sit the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water (so it sits above the water not in it) and let the chocolate slowly melt. Dont let it overheat.
3. Combine the cointreau, if using, with the egg yolks and add to the chocolate mixture.
4. Whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Add a spoonful of the egg whites to the chocolate mix and stir well to loosen the mixture. Next gently fold in the remaining egg whites with a large metal spoon. Divide the mixture between 6 small coffee cups, 125ml ramekin dishes or wine glasses, then refrigerate overnight.
5. Decorate with berries if using.
Rate This Recipe