- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the parfait
- 6 egg yolks
- 125 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 250 g white chocolate
- 2 tbsp coffee liqueur
- 400 ml double cream
- 150 g honeycomb, broken into pieces and crushed
- 400 g mixed strawberries, raspberries and blueberries
- cocoa powder, for dusting
For the sauce
- 250 g dark chocolate, (70% cocoa solids)
- 100 ml double cream
- 50 ml orange juice
- 75 g butter
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 3 tsp orange liqueur
1. Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until light and thick.
2. Add the vanilla and set aside.
3. Melt the white chocolate, and coffee liqueur together in a bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water.
4. Beat in the egg yolks and continue to whisk over the heat until the mixture is thick enough to leave ribbons trails when lifted on the spoon.
5. Whisk the double cream to stiff peaks.
6. Fold the cream and the honeycomb into the egg mixture.
7. Pour into moulds and freeze for about 2 hours.
8. Freeze the berries at the same time.
9. Just before serving, make the sauce. Place the chocolate in a bowl.
10. Heat cream with the orange juice together to just below boiling point.
11. Add the butter and sugar and stir to combine.
12. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate. Whisk vigorously until the chocolate has melted and the sauce is smooth.
13. Add the liqueur, stirring constantly.
14. Remove the parfaits and berries from the freezer. Turn the parfaits out onto individual dessert plates and arrange the frozen berries around. Pour over the hot chocolate sauce, dust with cocoa powder and serve immediately!
Rate This Recipe