- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 350 g golden caster sugar
- 50 g butter
- 125 ml evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 300 g good quality white chocolate, chopped (made with cocoa butter)
- 200 g pistachio nuts, shelled and skinned
1. Butter an 18cm square tin.
2. Put the sugar, butter, milk and a pinch of salt into a large heavy-based pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved completely.
3. Increase the heat and bring to the boil, stirring all the time with a wooden spoon. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla essence, chocolate and nuts. Stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
5. Pour into a buttered 18cm square tin and chill for a few hours until firm.
6. Cut into small squares to serve.
Rate This Recipe