- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 3-4 hrs chilling
- Effort: easy
- 250 g good quality white chocolate, chopped
- 80 ml milk
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, separated
- 375 ml double cream
- 250 g blackberries
Tips and Suggestions
Please note that this recipe contains raw eggs.
1. Place the white chocolate, milk and vanilla in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bowl does not touch the water.
2. Heat until the chocolate is just melted, stirring regularly. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Add the egg yolks, beating well after each addition.
3. Whip the cream in a bowl until soft peaks form then fold through the chocolate mixture until just combined.
4. Whisk the egg whites in a large, dry, clean stainless steel bowl until soft peaks form.
5. Using a large metal spoon, fold through the chocolate mixture in two batches.
6. Divide the mousse between six 250ml serving dishes.
7. Using a fork, crush the blackberries in a separate bowl, then swirl over the top of the mousse. Cover and chill for 3-4 hours or until set.
Rate This Recipe