- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 4 hrs for chilling
- Effort: easy
- 250 g good quality white chocolate
- 80 ml milk
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, separated
- 375 ml double cream
- 6 tbsp pulp from passion fruit, you'll need around 3 passion fruit
1. Put the white chocolate, milk and vanilla in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bowl does not touch the water. Heat until the chocolate is just melted, stirring regularly. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
2. Add the egg yolks to the melted chocolate, beating well after each addition.
3. Whip the cream in a bowl until soft peaks form then fold through the chocolate mixture until just combined.
4. Whisk the egg whites in a large, clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Using a large metal spoon, fold through the chocolate mixture in 2 batches.
5. Divide the mousse between ramekins, glasses or small bowls. Cover and chill for 3-4 hours, or until set. Remove from refrigerator and spoon the passion fruit on top of the mousse just before serving.
Need more dessert ideas? Take a look at lots more of our easy dessert recipes.
Rate This Recipe