- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 125 ml milk
- 2 star anise
- 150 g good quality white chocolate
- 100 g icing sugar
- 250 g mascarpone
- 175 ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 ml raspberry liqueur
- 16 slices sponge cakes, Angel or Neapolitan
- 125 g dark chocolate, grated
- 200 g raspberries
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
1. Heat the milk in a pan slowly over a low heat with the star anise to infuse.
2. Put the white chocolate in a small bowl and pour the hot milk over, straining out the star anise. Whisk until the chocolate is completely melted.
3. Whisk the sugar into the mascarpone, then whisk in the white chocolate mixture.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the cream with the vanilla until softly peaking. Fold into the white chocolate mixture and spoon into a piping bag.
5. Spoon the liqueur evenly over the cake slices and put 1 slice of cake in the bottom of each glass.
6. Spoon half the cream mixture over the cake slices, then sprinkle each with ½ tablespoon grated chocolate followed by a few raspberries. Repeat the cake, cream and chocolate layers.
7. Chill for an hour or serve immediately with a dusting of cocoa powder.
Rate This Recipe