- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the tiramisu
- 200 g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 3 eggs, separated
- 30 g caster sugar
- 500 g mascarpone
- 200 g bought sponge fingers or madeira cakes
For the cardamom coffee
- 350 ml strong black coffee
- 75 ml brandy
- tsp ground cardamom
1. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Leave on one side to cool - it shouldn't set though.
2. Whisk the egg yolks and caster sugar until pale and creamy. Beat in the mascarpone cheese and stir until smooth.
3. Whisk the egg whites until stiff.
4. Gently, but quickly, stir the melted chocolate into the mascarpone mixture, and fold in the whisked egg whites.
5. Place the sponge fingers or cake at the base of four serving glasses and top with the mascarpone mixture - don't fill right to the top of the glasses though; leave about 2cm space. Transfer to the fridge and chill for 30 minutes or so, until lightly set.
6. Just before serving, make 4 espresso cups of strong fresh coffee and flavour with brandy and cardamom.
7. Remove the desserts from the fridge and pour over the hot coffee - it will soak through the mascarpone and sink to the biscuit base. Serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe