- Serves: makes 14
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 20 mins chilling
- Effort: medium
- 200 g white chocolate
- 5 tsp strong lapsang souchong or green tea
- 3 tsp clear runny honey
- pistachio nuts, blitzed in a food processor
- cocoa powder
- icing sugar, dyed pink with food colouring
1. Patiently melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of slow simmering water. If you try and do this too fast, you will cause havoc with the chocolate.
2. Once melted, mix in the tea 1 teaspoonful at a time, taking care not to waltz the chocolate around the bowl more than a few short times. The chocolate will hate this, seize up and crystallise, which is exactly what we are hoping for.
3. At the 'tantrum' stage, mix in the honey with a spatula until the chocolate is cheerful again- it will gloss and smooth up almost instantly. Place the soothed chocolate in the fridge for 20 minutes until just set.
4. To coat: scoop up the mixture into teaspoon sized balls and roll in the coatings. Set aside on a plate or in a jar to serve, and keep in the fridge until you want them.
Rate This Recipe