- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 large knob butter
- 8 white onions, roughly diced
- 4 tsp thyme, leaves only
- 900 ml chicken stock, plus more if needed
- 4 tbsp double cream
- 24 cm cooking chorizo, skin removed
- olive oil, for frying
- 12 scallops, sinew, muscle and coral removed
- 2 handfuls flat leaf parsley, shredded
1. Heat the butter in a pan and add the onions and thyme leaves. Fry gently until the onions are softened but not coloured. Add the stock and cream, bring to the boil and cook for 4-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and liquidise with a stick blender.
2. Break the chorizo into irregular chunks and fry with a little olive oil to heat through.
3. Wipe each scallop with some olive oil and add to a heated frying pan. Cook them lightly on both sides so that the outside caramelises and the inside just cooks through.
4. Sprinkle the soup with the parsley and ladle into a serving bowl. Add the scallops and chorizo, then drizzle some of the chorizo oil. Serve.
Rate This Recipe