- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 01 large oranges, grated zest and juice
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 6 white peaches, peeled and cut into segments
- 150 g raspberries
- 25 cm sweet ready-made pastry tart cases, blind-baked
For the frangipane
- white of 2 large or 4 small eggs
- 90 g granulated sugar
- 90 g ground almonds
- 3 tbsp light rum or amaretto (almond liqueur)
- crème fraîche
- icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas 3.
2. Add the orange zest and juice to the caster sugar in a small pan and bring to the boil.
3. Place the peaches and raspberries in a bowl, pour in the hot orange syrup and set aside.
4. To make the frangipane, whisk the egg white until stiff, then fold in the sugar, ground almonds and Amaretto or rum.
5. Fold the peach mixture into the frangipane and pour into the tart shell.
6. Bake the tart in the oven at 170c for 40 minutes.
7. Serve warm with a generous spoonful of crème fraiche and a dusting of icing sugar.
Rate This Recipe