- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 butifarra (Spanish white) sausages
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 4-6 peppercorns
- 300 ml dry white wine
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley, to garnish
- crusty bread, to serve
1. Prick the butifarra sausages with a fork to stop them bursting.
2. Heat the olive oil in a medium, heavy-based saucepan. Add the sausages and fry for around 4 minutes, browning on all sides.
3. Add the bay leaf, peppercorns and dry white wine.
4. Bring the wine to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes, until the sausages are cooked through.
5. Remove the sausages, slice into 2cm thick rounds and place in a serving dish.
6. Bring the remaining white wine in the saucepan to the boil and cook briskly until reduced.
7. Pour the reduced white wine over the sausage slices, sprinkle with parsley and serve with crusty bread.
Rate This Recipe