- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 20 g butter
- 4 banana shallots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 sprig thyme
- 900 ml full-fat milk
- 3 slices white bread, chopped
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 1 baguettes, sliced into rounds
- 3 tbsp freshly grated gruyère cheese
- 1 tsp truffle oil
1. Heat the butter in a large, heavy-based saucepan. Add the shallots, garlic and thyme.
2. Pour in the milk, stir and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the shallots have softened.
3. Add the chopped bread and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Blend until smooth.
4. Meanwhile, preheat the grill. Place the baguette rounds on a baking sheet. Sprinkle over the Gruyere cheese and grill for 2 minutes.
5. Serve the soup in soup bowls, topped with the Gruyere croutons. Drizzle a little truffle oil over each portion just before serving.
Rate This Recipe