- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the hollandaise
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 200 g unsalted butter, melted
- smoked sea salt, to taste
For the poached egg
- 1 egg
- 100 ml white wine vinegar
For the broccoli
- 250 g white sprouting broccoli
- smoked sea salt
Tips and Suggestions
Purple sprouting broccoli, available at this time of year, would be a great alternative if you can't find white sprouting broccoli ' it adds great colour to the plate.
1. For the hollandaise: whisk the egg yolks, vinegar and water together in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water (make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water). Whisk continuously until the mixture starts to thicken.
2. Slowly drizzle in the melted butter, whisking continuously and being careful not to let the mixture overheat, or the mixture will curdle. Season to taste with smoked sea salt and pepper.
3. For the poached egg: bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, and add the vinegar. Carefully crack in the egg and poach gently for 3 minutes.
4. For the broccoli: blanch the broccoli in boiling salted water for 2 minutes.
5. Put the broccoli on a serving plate, then the poached egg. Drizzle over the hollandaise sauce and sprinkle with a pinch of the smoked sea salt
Rate This Recipe