- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 corn on the cobs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
- 100 g butter, softened
- 1 red chilli, finely diced
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 lime, grated zest
1. Pull back the husk of each corn, but take care to leave them attached. Clean the corns and remove the silk.
2. Brush the corn with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Replace the husks and tie the ends in place with kitchen string.
3. Barbecue, over hot coals for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
4. While the corn is cooking, put the butter, chilli, coriander and lime zest in a bowl and beat to blend everything together.
5. Shape the butter into a cylinder about 4cm diameter. Roll in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until needed (alternatively, you can serve it straight from the bowl if preferred).
6. When the corn is tender and charred on the outside, take the cobs off the barbecue and serve with the lime butter.
Rate This Recipe