- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g butter
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest and juice only
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 1 kg potatoes
- 4x125-150 g wild Alaska salmon fillets
- 150 g savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
Tips and Suggestions
For a different flavour, you can also try using parsley or thyme in the butter instead of chives.
1. To make the lemon and chive butter mix together the butter, lemon zest, mustard and chives. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 20 minutes, until tender
3. After the potatoes have been cooking for 10 minutes, preheat the grill. Arrange the salmon on the grill rack and sprinkle with lemon juice. Cook for 6-8 minutes, turning once, until done ' the flesh will be opaque and should flake easily.
4. Whilst the fish is cooking, boil the cabbage and spring onions in a small amount of water for 4-5 minutes, then drain thoroughly. Mash the potatoes and mix in the cabbage and spring onions. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, then share between 4 warm plates.
5. Arrange the salmon fillets on top of the mash, then share the lemon and chive butter between them. Finish off with a few more snipped fresh chives, then serve.
Recipe and image supplied by Alaska Seafood
Rate This Recipe