- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- oil, for frying
- 1 kg diced shoulder of wild boar
- 100 g smokey bacon, cubed
- 1 handfuls of button onions, halved
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 140 ml cider
- 2 apples, peeled and quartered
- 1 sprigs rosemary
- 140 ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- selection of seasonal vegetables, or chunky bread, to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan and brown the diced boar on all sides.
2. Add the bacon, onions and add a little salt - be careful not to over season as the bacon is quite salty. Stir in the garlic and brown the contents of the pan for 5 minutes.
3. Pour in the cider and reduce by half. Add the apples, rosemary and chicken stock. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Stir in the crème fraiche and mustard.
4. Serve in a bowl with seasonal vegetables or chunky bread.
Rate This Recipe