- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the mousse
- 250 g wild boar, loin or fillet
- 1 large egg white
- 500 ml double cream
- pinches salt
For the tourte
- 440 g ready-to-roll puff pastry
- 4-5 slices of Parma ham
- 1 egg yolk, to glaze
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 150 ml stock
- bunches spring onions, chopped
- baby bunches leeks
- small handful basil
- 60 g unsalted butter, diced
- black pepper
1. For the mousse, put 175g of the meat into a food processor with the egg white and blend until smooth.
2. Transfer to a bowl, set the bowl over crushed ice and slowly work in the cream using a spatula. Season at the end with a little salt. Cut the remaining meat into small dice and season. Gently stir into the mixture and leave on one side.
3. For the tourte, roll out the puff pastry and cut out 8 circles, each 15cm in diameter.
4. Flour the inside of 6 x 10 cm diameter heatproof bowls or ramekins and line them with the pastry. Cut the Parma ham slices in half and line a layer of ham over the pastry.
5. Divide the mousse between the bowls, cover the top with more Parma ham and brush the edges with egg yolk. Lay the remaining pastry circles over the top and rest for 5 minutes in the fridge.
6. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 8. Unmould the tortes, pinch up the edges and glaze with egg yolk. Mark the top with a point of the knife and bake for about 15 minutes, until golden and risen.
7. For the sauce, heat the olive oil in a small saucepan and add the lemon zest and juice. Heat gently and then pour in the stock.
8. Increase the heat and cook until reduced by half. Add the spring onions, leeks, basil, lemon juice and butter and stir until the sauce is smooth and shiny. Season to taste and serve immediately with the wild boar tourtes.
Rate This Recipe