- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 small wild duck, cut in half keeping breast and leg together
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- seeds of 1 ripe pomegranate
- 50 ml vin santo, or red wine
- 100 ml fresh game stock
- knob of butter
1. Season the duck with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan and fry the duck halves for 4 minutes on each side.
3. Add the pomegranate seeds followed by the vin santo. Allow the vin santo to evaporate, then add the stock and cook for a further 2 minutes.
4. Remove the duck, the meat should be quite rare inside, and slice.
5. Meanwhile, to finish the sauce, increase the heat and stir in the knob of butter.
6. Pour the sauce over the duck slices and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe