- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 40 g butter, plus extra
- 1 shallot, halved and sliced into semi circles
- 200 g Arborio rice
- splashes white wine
- around 500 ml vegetable stock, warm
- 100 g fresh peas, podded
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- handfuls wild garlic, stalk removed, chopped
Tips and Suggestions
For an extra tasty stock, add the empty pea pods and allow to infuse.
1. In a heavy-bottomed pan, melt butter on a low heat and gently fry the shallot until soft.
Add the rice and stir until each grain is glossy and coated in butter. Allow to toast a little and season well with salt.
2. Pour wine into the pan and allow to bubble. Add stock in batches, ensuring that the rice has absorbed each quantity of liquid before adding more. Before adding the last bit of stock, add the peas. Allow to poach and then throw in the spring onion. Finally, add a knob of butter, a splash of wine, a pinch of salt and most of the garlic. Stir well.
3. To serve: pile risotto onto each plate and scatter with the remaining garlic and some freshly ground black pepper.
Rate This Recipe