- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 10 sheets of filo pastry
- 75 g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 250 g mushrooms, chopped
- black pepper
- 500 ml double cream
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 50g dried porcini, finely ground into powder
- 150 g fresh spinach
- 150 g goats' cheese, creamed and seasoned with salt and freshly ground pepper
- sprig thyme, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2.
2. Cut the filo pastry into 12cm squares. Melt 50g of butter. Brush each filo square with the melted butter.
3. Press the filo sheets into 4 greased small flan cases, overlapping the filo sheets to form a star pattern. Bake the filo cases for 15 minutes until the pastry is crisp and pale gold.
4. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and remaining butter in a frying pan. Add the shallots and fry gently for 3 minutes, stirring now and then, until softened. Add the mushrooms and fry for 5 minutes, until cooked. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. In a small saucepan mix together the white wine, double cream and ground porcini. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Bring to the boil and cook the cream mixture over medium heat, stirring often, until reduced and thickened.
7. Meanwhile, bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Add the spinach and blanch. Now drain well, squeezing out any excess moisture. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and keep warm.
8. Fill the warm filo cases with the creamed goats' cheese. Top with the spinach, pan-fried mushrooms and drizzle with the porcini cream. Garnish with thyme and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe