- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 3 scallops
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
- 180 g wild mushrooms, cleaned, trimmed and sliced
- 1 handfuls rocket
- 1-2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 100 ml white wine
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 handfuls parsley, finely chopped
- olive oil, to drizzle
1. Rinse and open up the scallops with a knife, cut them away from the shell and set aside, discarding everything other than the scallop itself and the coral.
2. Pour the olive oil into a large frying pan. Add the garlic and stir-fry over a medium heat until it becomes golden. Discard the garlic.
3. Add the mushrooms to the pan and stir-fry over a medium heat for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the scallops and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the rocket and tomatoes.
5. Stir in the wine and a little more seasoning, if necessary, and cook for about 5 minutes, until the alcohol has burnt off and the scallops are just cooked.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the balsamic vinegar and parsley.
7. To serve, divide the mixture between two plates, pour the juice over the top and drizzle with a little olive oil.
Rate This Recipe